Imagine deeply breathing in the sensual aromas of essential oils uniquely handpicked for you, as you settle into a deep state of calm whilst relaxing into a full body massage. Allowing your mind to drift and the tension to melt away and when you come to, you find that your body and mind are balanced and your senses are invigorated.
Essential oils are highly concentrated plant oils that have multiple healing benefits for the human body. The simple act of breathing in tiny oil molecules causes a reaction in the brain’s limbic system, influencing emotions, nervous system, immune system, circulation, hormones, memory, heart rate and stress levels.
The healing properties of essential oils are either inhaled and enter your body through your lungs, or travel through the membranes of skin. Once absorbed the oils enter your organs and deeper tissues. This is where your healing begins to take place.
The therapeutic properties that occur naturally within the plant are distilled while also harnessing the aromatic fragrance. The oils travel through your body and take effect rapidly. Here it interacts with your central nervous system which allows for gentle yet effective positive results. Your bespoke blend can help you feel calmed, uplifted, energized, grounded, decongested or cleansed.
While relaxing into your essential massage you can take comfort in knowing that essential oils are potent at combating unwanted nasties such as some virus, fungal and bacterial infections.
Although the oils have many healing properties caution must be applied as certain conditions are not appropriate for some oils, so please let your practitioner know if you have any medical conditions. It is also recommended not to eat a heavy meal or drink alcohol before an essential oil massage.
An essential oil massage is a wonderful, natural, safe and gentle way to brighten your day whilst restoring harmonic balance within oneself. Come on in and invigorate your senses!
~ Suzzanne Sunner
- Kasuya H, Lida S, Ono K, Satou T, Koike K. 2015. Intracerebral distribution of a-Pinene and the Anxiolytic-like Effect in Mince following inhaled administration of essential oil from chamaecyparis obtuse. Natural Product Communications. 2015 Aug;10(8):1479-82. View online http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26434146
- Chen CJ, Kumar KJ, Chen YT, Tsao NW, Chien SC, Chang ST, Chu FH, Wang SY. 2015. Effect of Hinoki and Meniki Essential Oils on Human Autonomic Nervous System Activity and Mood States. 2015 Jul;10(7)1305-8. View on line http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26411036
- Prichard C1, Newcomb P2. 2015. Benefit to Family Members of Delivering Hand Massage With Essential Oils to Critically Ill Patients. American Association of Critical-Care Nurses. 2015. Sep;24(5):446-9. View on line http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26330438
- Watanabe E, Kuchta K, Kimura M, Rauwald HW, Kamei T, Imanishi J. 2015. Essential oil aromatherapy on mood states, parasympathetic nervous system activity, and salivary cortisol levels in 41 healthy females. 2015. Feb 19;22(1):43-9. View on line http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25824404
- Matsumoto T, Asakura H, Hayashi T. 2014. Effects of olfactory stimulation from the fragrance of the Japanese citrus fruit yuzu (Citrus junos Sieb. ex Tanaka) on mood states and salivary chromogranin A as an endocrinologic stress marker. Journal Alternative Complement medicine. 2014.Jun;20(6):500-6. View on line https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24742226
- Taavoni S, Darsareh F, Joolaee S, Haghani H. 2013. The effect of aromatherapy massage on the psychological symptoms of postmenopausal Iranian women. Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 2013 Jun;21(3)158-63 View on line http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23642946
- Takahashi M, Yoshino A, Yamanaka A, Asanuma C, Satou T, Hayashi S, Masuo Y, Sadamoto K, Koike K. 2012. Effects of inhaled lavender essential oil on stress-loaded animals: changes in anxiety-related behavior and expression levels of selected mRNAs and proteins. Natural Product Communications. 2012 Nov;7(11):1539-44. View on line http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23285826
Spring Acupuncture is an integrative Chinese medicine and acupuncture clinic committed to providing the best outcomes for our patients, and empowering them along their journey to optimal fertility, pregnancy health, IVF success and general wellness. We are located in Springwood, Brisbane, and are conveniently situated right next door to The Fertility Centre, IVF clinic.
We are humbled to be able to assist patients from local suburbs and all over Queensland. Proudly servicing Springwood, Brisbane, South Brisbane, Acacia Ridge, Algester, Annerley, Archerfield, Beenleigh, Burbank, Calamvale, Coopers Plains, Darra, Doolandella, Drewvale, Durack, Dutton Park, Eight Mile Plains, Ellen Grove, Fairfield, Forest Lake, Greenslopes, Heathwood, Holland Park, Holland Park West, Inala, Karawatha, Kuraby, Larapinta, MacGregor, Mackenzie, Mansfield, Moorooka, Mount Gravatt, Mount Gravatt East, Nathan, Pallara, Parkinson, Richlands, Robertson, Rochedale, Rocklea, Runcorn, Salisbury, Seventeen Mile Rocks, Sinnamon Park, Stones Corner, Stretton, Sumner, Sunnybank, Sunnybank Hills, Tarragindi, Tennyson, Upper Mount Gravatt, Wacol, Willawong, Wishart, Yeerongpilly, Yeronga, Bahrs Scrub, Bannockburn, Beenleigh, Belivah, Berrinba, Bethania, Boronia Heights, Browns Plains, Buccan, Carbrook, Cedar Creek, Cedar Grove, Cedar Vale, Chambers Flat, Cornubia, Crestmead, Daisy Hill, Eagleby, Edens Landing, Flagstone, Flinders Lakes, Forestdale, Glenlogan, Greenbank, Heritage Park, Hillcrest, Holmview, Jimboomba, Kagaru, Kairabah, Kingston, Logan Central, Logan Reserve, Logan Village, Loganholme, Loganlea, Lyons, Maclean, Marsden, Meadowbrook, Monarch Glen, Mount Warren Park, Mundoolun, Munruben, New Beith, Park Ridge, Park Ridge South, Priestdale, Regents Park, Riverbend, Rochedale South, Shailer Park, Silverbark Ridge, Slacks Creek, Stockleigh, Tamborine, Tanah Merah, Underwood, Undullah, Veresdale, Veresdale Scrub, Waterford, Waterford West, Windaroo, Wolffdene, Woodhill, Woodridge and Yarrabilba.